Saturday, December 19, 2009

Sweet treats, sweet memories

Had a fabulous day.
The boys came over for a surprise visit and helped us decorate the tree.  (That's Angus helping out.) Loved going through all the special ornaments you forget you have. When you unwrap each one, you also unwrap memories.
Dave and I also had a chance to bake. I made some gingerbread dough and a batch of thumbprint cookies. Dave made some of his amazing butter tarts. 
Later we went to Lynda and Roger's house for dinner and a rousing game of euchre. The girls kicked arse, naturally, but it was a hard-fought battle where both opponents could have wound up victorious. 
The boys had a good time hanging with Caleb, Liam and Josh. Let me just say, five boys in one house is a whole lot of boys. When there are that many boys, you might as well just rip the toilet seat off and throw it away.
Now it's time to call it a night. The boys are toothbrushed and pajammed and just need to be tucked in and kissed good-night.
That's where I come in.
And that's where I cut out.
Good night, sleep tight and don't let the bed bugs bite.

1 comment:

  1. So, what is this Euchre anyhow? I have a friend that is my card buddy who has mentioned it being like something we play - but I don't remember which game.

    ReplyDelete

How's it going, eh? It's SO good to hear from you. Tell me every darn thing...