Good morning Bernard Pivot!
Who's Bernie? Last I heard he was battling stiff joints and hosting a wild weekend. But he's also a French journalist who came up with a little questionnaire to ask guests on his TV show. The quiz was made famous in North America by James Lipton on the high-brow interview show Actor's Studio.
Today it is being celebrated by blogger/author Nicole Ducleroir who has surpassed the 500 follower mark and wants to par-tay. All over blogland today people are answering the Bernard Pivot questionnaire, to make new friends and to share their pearls of wisdom with all blogdom.
I'm not promising any wonderful answers because my eyeballs are practically bleeding from too much computer, but I will give it my best college try. If you would like to see who else is taking part, click on the logo up there and it will take you to Nicole's blog with its list of participants. Drop around, say hi, maybe become a new follower and, if you're game, try the quiz on for size.
By the way, please drop by my post from yesterday about my April Fool's Contest. All the details are here. Please, please, please take part!
Oh, and by the way, by the way, if you happen to be Canadian, do you not LOVE that Sydney Crosby commercial for Tim Horton's? Where he's a little kid and dreaming of doing what he loves every day? Sigh. Pass the kleenex...
- What is your favorite word? Feck. I think it's like the Irish word for the Big F but it's not quite as offensive. You can fit it in to any grammatical category with only slight embellishment. Noun: He is such a feckwad. Verb: He's off fecking around. Adverb: He's off fecking fecking around. Adjective: He's such a fecking goof. See? Such a handy word. I invite you to take it for a spin. I like to use it like this: Feck! Feckity-feck, feck! So satisfying.
- What is your least favorite word? Any of those stupid made-up words teenagers use. Like "nom-nom" which they use to describe eating or something delicious. No wonder the world is so fecked up.
- What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Ideas. Great ideas. Original ideas. Taking an idea and making it happen. Also, enthusiasm.
- What turns you off? Naysayers. Don't give me five reasons why you can't do something - give me five reasons why you can!
- What is your favorite curse word? Um. Other than feck? Shit is pretty good. I often fall back on shit. When I hurt myself, or I'm really, really mad, I admit I call the Bad Boy into play. (If you say it kids, I swear, you'll be eating Lifebuoy.)
- What sound or noise do you love? Chickadees on a quiet winter day.
- What sound or noise do you hate? Loud, obnoxious music. Loud, obnoxious people. Coughing. Yelling. Food smacking. Kids fighting in the back seat. Oh, forget it.. just fetch me my ear plugs.
- What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? My own profession, graphic design for newspapers, is going the way of the do-do bird and there may come a time in the near future when I have to find a new career. But you know what? I can't imagine doing anything else. I love what I do. I hope like hell I can hang on until I die.
- What profession would you not like to do? Anything that requires being on my feet all day, or dealing with customers. Blech.
- If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? You were a good person, Cathy. Welcome aboard.