I Do Countdown: Four Days. FOUR DAYS!
It was a dark and stormy night.
Dave was making pomp-pomps. I was hyperventilating and trying to take pictures of him.
Apparently fluffing pomp-pomps is not manly and he didn't want no pictures taken of his manly self with pomp-pomps. (Damnnit! I keep putting in extra pees.)
"Not a chance, chicky-poo," he said, threatening to throw one at me.
I took one anyway and then ran. Ran as fast as I could whilst hyperventilating in a pink nightgown and giggling madly.
He did toss one at me and, like Elvis Costello, his aim is true.
The wedding is four days away. I'm remarkably calm now. All is done. (Except the pomp-pomps. There are about a million of them. Who the heck ordered so many? Me? Whatever.)
Well, all is almost done.
This is what's left:
1. Work, or pretend to work while looking at bride websites. Luckily my bosses generally don't read my blog, although I have tried to get them to because I want them to see how talented and wonderful I am but I guess they're too busy.. washing their hair or something...
2. Hairdressers, 3 p.m., so Jeanette can touch up my roots. I have roots that run deep. They could make a mini-series on my roots.
3. Meet my mom and the boys at 5 p.m. at our house so we can take boys for tuxedo fittings. Angus and Sam have both grown like, about three inches each since the original fitting. I'm sure they will have to resend pants.
4. Go grocery shopping. I want to have yummy treats on hand Friday night; also, must continue to eat as much as possible because there is still hope I might not fit into my dress.
5. Pick up girdle underpants at Sears Order Store. (See #4)
6. Enlist boys to help fluff pomp-pomps.
7. Sleep fitfully.
1. Chiropractor's appointment at 8 a.m. to fix my wounded shoulder (I smashed it last spring and it's been bugging me ever since).
2. Work, or pretend to work while looking at Newfoundland websites.
3. Go shopping again because sure as heck I'll have forgotten something Wednesday night.
4. Dave has a chiropractor's appointment because he needs a crunching.
5. Write a #fridayflash because I don't want to destroy my reputation as a #ff addict. (The doughnuts and coffee are so good at those meetings! Even though Linda at Leftbrainwrite always steals the Boston Creams, Alan takes all the Dazed (er, I mean Glazed), Carrie Clevenger takes the jam-filled ones because they remind her of blood and Michael Solender takes all the rest for his new food writer's page on fictionaut.) I have no idea what to write about. I. Mean. No. Idea. But that's two whole days away... why sweat the small stuff?
6. Sleep fitfullly.
1. Wake up early to see if anybody read my flash. (It's like Christmas morning, isn't it?)
2. Dave has a dentist appointment at 8:30 a.m. to get his pearly whites cleaned.
3. I have a massage booked for 1 p.m. with the lovely and very talented Carol McVittie who has been working on my shoulder for weeks and who gives the BEST massages. Ever.
4. Dave has a touch-up hair appointment at 1 p.m. with Jeanette, who will further rescue Dave from the skunk stripe I inflicted on him two weeks ago. Did I not mention that? Huh... I wonder why...
5. Our guests start arriving!
6. Decorate cars. Pack. Panic.
7. Wedding rehearsal 5 p.m.
8. Dinner at Swiss Chalet 6 p.m. (where else but Chalet Suisse?)
9. Finishing touches on reception decorations 8:15 p.m.
10. Relax at home with good friends, tasty treats and possibly a spirit or two.
11. Take Gravol or have Dave hit me over the head with a two-by-four.
12. Sleep fitfully.
1. Wake up early to see if anybody read my flash.
Dave says he's hiding the laptop. We'll see about that pomp-pomp boy - howdja like to see that picture of you with your pomps pinned up with the half-nekkid ladies at the shop?
Wonder what the other auto techs would say about that, hmmmm?